Mindcontroll Forum Index
Mindcontroll Forum Index FAQ Memberlist Search

Mindcontroll Forum Index » >>>>>>>>>> TALK GOES HERE <<<<<<<<<< » [GC] Super Mario Sunshine
[GC] Super Mario Sunshine
PostPosted: 11-01-2002 03:34 AM Reply with quote
TuMTuM
Will code HTML for food!

[CENTER]Super Mario Sunshine
for the nintendo gamecube[/CENTER]

Storyline
While mario goes on a vacation with his girlfriend Peach and her servant Toadsworth, an evil version of mario is ruining the island he is going to, by putting graffity everywhere. The grafiti has made the shines of the island hide everywhere. On arrival, mario gets arrested and he is released to clean up the mess.

Alltough the storyline is unique, it isnt very original. However, for once the princess isnt captured, or is she?

Rating: [ ***** ] ( 3/5 )

Gameplay / Controls
The game has great controls. Using his FLUDD (The water pump on his back) he has to clean up all the paint. When mario walks trough the paint, he is covered by it, and he needs to jump in the water, or swing around to get it off. A lot of the Super Mario 64 moves have stayed the same, but using FLUDD, mario can also hover for some time.
The game will take you at least 15 hours to complete, but after that there are still many secrets left unexplored. The missions in the game can be hard to complete sometimes, but most of them are pretty clear, and the only thing holding you is the way you play.
One thing kept bothering me troughout the game. Sometimes, you will have to complete a bonus level to get a shine and continue, but these levels can be very hard.

Alltough there are some faults, the gameplay is still the best Ive had on the gamecube.

Rating: [ ***** ] ( 4/5 )

Graphics
Best graphics Ive seen so far for an adventure game, and I havent experienced any frame drops. Some of the textures could have been done a bit better, but most are very nice to see. It seems the gamecube has no problem at all with round shapes, as you see them all over the place.
The lightning is beautifull. The more shines you collect, the lighter the game becomes, alltough you can get a pair of sunglasses from someone after collecting enough shines, I wouldnt recommend it.

Very nice graphics, thumbs up to nintendo

Sounds
The game is packed with revamped mario tunes, but a lot of new tunes have entered the game as well. The whole game has a tropical flavour when it comes to sound, and the music would almost make you want to eat fruit instead of chips.
The sounds are good. I wouldnt say great, cause they are just short samples, but the onething that bothered me is that there is almost no speech. Comeon, there is enough space on the disk nintendo, you could have added some!

Sounds are nice, but not the greatest ever.

Rating: [ ***** ] ( 3/5 )

Overall rating:
(not an average)
On the schale of 1 to 10 I would give it an 8,5. The game is nice, and it will keep you occupied for at least 2 weeks, but it isnt something special.

PostPosted: 11-01-2002 04:57 AM Reply with quote
Dawgy
Burn your flag.

a game that keeps one occupied for two weeks is astonishing

perhaps you give it too much credit?

PostPosted: 11-01-2002 05:06 AM Reply with quote
TuMTuM
Will code HTML for food!

Uhm.. no, it deserves that, most adventure games dont last longer then 3 days, and when you have completed the game, you can still collect all shines wich will take a long time.

With 2 weeks, I mean 2 weeks of full time play. Like, when you get home from school, you flip on the GC and you turn it off when you go to bed. The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, for instance gave me about a month of full time play, thats about 300 hours.

PostPosted: 11-03-2002 01:42 PM Reply with quote
Sv-Korn
DESiDENCE

Conkers bad fur day kept me entertained for well over a month.

Seeing as it was designed for immature people i now have a reason why ...
View user's profile Find all posts by %s Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

[GC] Super Mario Sunshine
 Mindcontroll Forum Index » >>>>>>>>>> TALK GOES HERE <<<<<<<<<<