Mindcontroll Forum Index
Mindcontroll Forum Index FAQ Memberlist Search

Mindcontroll Forum Index » >>>>>>>>>> TALK GOES HERE <<<<<<<<<< » Main news page.
Main news page.
PostPosted: 11-05-2002 08:18 AM Reply with quote
M0nKeY
- Remember -

Ok

http://www.MindControll.com
http://news.MindControll.com

Comments feedback...
and post some news already!

Those URLS will lead to the most recent story posted.

PostPosted: 11-05-2002 09:09 AM Reply with quote
TuMTuM
Will code HTML for food!

Its a bit crowded, and it still feels like the forum, only the reply's are apart. Anyway, I like the rest of it. It shows exactly what I meant, however I would use the following format:

<table width="90%" border="1"><tr>
<td width="65%"><font face="verdana" size="1">Editorial: %title%</font></td><td width="35%"><div align="right"><font face="verdana" size="1">Posted by: %user% at: %date%</font></div></td></tr></table><table width="90%" border="0"><tr><td width="100%"><font face="verdana" size="2">News goes here. <br />ofcourse it uses the same styling as the forum, blabla bla</font></td></tr><tr>
<td width="100%"><font face="verdana" size="1"><div align="right">[1 comment]</div></font></td></tr></table><p><table width="90%" border="1"><tr>
<td width="65%"><font face="verdana" size="1">Editorial: %title2%</font></td><td width="35%"><div align="right"><font face="verdana" size="1">Posted by: %user2% at: %date2%</font></div></td></tr></table><table width="90%" border="0"><tr><td width="100%"><font face="verdana" size="2">Second part of News goes here. <br />not the reply's on this are older, infact they are much newer then when the other news post was made, but this is sorted by the date of the news post!</font></td></tr><tr>
<td width="100%"><font face="verdana" size="1"><div align="right">[18 comments]</div></font></td></tr></table><p>

PostPosted: 11-05-2002 09:12 AM Reply with quote
M0nKeY
- Remember -

so um make it.... there was already a huge long winded discussion about making some kinda community thing. But it turned out to be BS.

I can't write a script becasue I DON'T KNOW PHP.

PostPosted: 11-05-2002 12:21 PM Reply with quote
TuMTuM
Will code HTML for food!

Quote:

I DONT KNOW PHP

Its really easy to learn, I think if you would give it a try you could write such scripts in about 1 month.

PostPosted: 11-07-2002 05:52 AM Reply with quote
M0nKeY
- Remember -

no thanks.... But I fixed some crap.

now only threads are moderated.... not posts.
Guests can post/submit stories. So spam Mindcontroll.com to all your friends And tell them cool poeple come to this site for usefull information (yes... Lie)

I think I like having it display the last post and not the latest thread Becasue then the topic that people are discussing most will remiain on the front page. I think im going to build a little list box that shows the most recent threads. Becasue few people seem to be using the "Previous/Next Story arrows".

TumTum, if you reply I will del it. drool

PostPosted: 11-07-2002 07:09 AM Reply with quote
TuMTuM
Will code HTML for food!

"Deleted" -Monkey :p

PostPosted: 11-14-2002 09:01 PM Reply with quote
M0nKeY
- Remember -

ok now your number of articles shows up under your avatar and Each new article adds 1 to your level.

it shows the most recent thread and NOT the thread with the most recent post, But... the "next story" button takes you to the threads that were replied to AFTER the most recent story was posted. Confusing? Well it should work out ok.

Sk-Korn submitted a story that sat there for 2 days. Sad
Sorry about that.

I'll try to check the moderation queue more often.

(Reminder to mods: you con use the moderators control pannel to approve main page threads)

Main news page.
 Mindcontroll Forum Index » >>>>>>>>>> TALK GOES HERE <<<<<<<<<<