Mindcontroll Forum Index
Mindcontroll Forum Index FAQ Memberlist Search

Mindcontroll Forum Index » >>>>>>>>>> TALK GOES HERE <<<<<<<<<< » Change the Number of Simultaneous HTTP Sessions
Change the Number of Simultaneous HTTP Sessions
PostPosted: 04-25-2003 07:14 PM Reply with quote
M0nKeY
- Remember -

Windows normally limits the number of simultaneous connections made to a single web server. This behavior can be seen in Internet Explorer when downloading multiple files from a web site and only a certain number will be active at any one time.

Windows will limit connections to a single HTTP 1.0 server to four simultaneous connections. Connections to a single HTTP 1.1 server will be limited to two simultaneous connections. The HTTP 1.1 specification (RFC2068) mandates the two connection limit while the four connection limit for HTTP 1.0 is a self-imposed restriction which coincides with the standard used by a number of popular Web browsers.

Open your registry and find the key below.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]

Create two new values, or modify the existing values, called 'MaxConnectionsPerServer' and 'MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server'. Change the values to equal the number of simultaneous requests allowed to a single HTTP server, the default values are 2 and 4 respectively.

Restart Windows for the change to take effect.

Note: By changing these settings you are causing Windows to break the HTTP protocol specification for any Internet applications running on your machine.

Note: This affects all Windows Internet applications that use the standard API, including Internet Explorer.

Registry Settings
User Key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
Value Name: MaxConnectionsPerServer, MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Value Data: Number of Simultaneous Connections

Disclaimer: Modifying the registry can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. We cannot guarantee that problems resulting from modifications to the registry can be solved. Use the information provided at your own risk.

PostPosted: 04-26-2003 11:07 AM Reply with quote
Sv-Korn
DESiDENCE

Ive got to try that out Smile

sexy
View user's profile Find all posts by %s Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

PostPosted: 04-26-2003 11:45 AM Reply with quote
Shn
R.I.P.

hmmm, i wonder if download managers, such as Flashget, respect those specifications...

Anyways, i rarely download more than one file at the same time with IE.

The Shning, more useful than The Useful Site

PostPosted: 04-26-2003 04:40 PM Reply with quote
M0nKeY
- Remember -

Shn wrote:

hmmm, i wonder if download managers, such as Flashget, respect those specifications...

Anyways, i rarely download more than one file at the same time with IE.
No they dont... But this even changes the way a regular webpage will load.... If the webpage has more than 2 images on it.

Change the Number of Simultaneous HTTP Sessions
 Mindcontroll Forum Index » >>>>>>>>>> TALK GOES HERE <<<<<<<<<<