Mindcontroll Forum Index
Mindcontroll Forum Index FAQ Memberlist Search

Mindcontroll Forum Index » >>>>>>>>>> TALK GOES HERE <<<<<<<<<< » Does #legal-chat have a future ? Goto page 1, 2  Next
Does #legal-chat have a future ?
PostPosted: 08-02-2002 01:34 PM Reply with quote
Shn
R.I.P.

Quote:
[20:19] (WhackBonk): this place is really...I mean REALLY dead

Hi :D

Mmk, this is serious (or it isn't, depends of your opinion, but mine prevails, so, it's serious).
It's 20:29 (fuck you, am/pm users !!!!!) and, as more and more often, nobody's talking.
For some time now, there has only been regulars in the chan. No new people have entered the chan for a long long time...

So, as i'm an IRC newbie, i need you guys' help to bring new people in (but do we want that... ? ummm yes) the chan.
Whackbonk suggested we move...
I dunno if that would bring more people into the chan though.
Bah, i don't know anything !
I've got absolutely no idea how to make new people come here. It probably would be easier if we were on some bigger network (but not too big) where people could easily notice our chan in the chanlist...
Maybe this could be done by linking the server to some other place... ?

:)

Come on, please reply with useful comments and perhaps possible answers to our "problem"....

Thank you for your time and for reading.

Quote:
[20:33] (WhackBonk): and this chan is...well...dead

Last edited by Shn on 08-02-2002 01:38 PM; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: 08-02-2002 01:39 PM Reply with quote
WhackBonk
Hydralisk

Well a move may not be the solution as I said before, but the problem we're facing now is that this network isn't exactly known, that may not be a bad thing but....We do need to get spread out...there were projects with #xdcc and #Warez-Central but now WC is dead and Xdcc isn't feeling like it should (One of the bots decided it wanted to got to fxpers instead of returning)

I'm not saying advertisement campaign on tv or anything, but somehow there is a need to be seen. Perhaps linking with a server that's more known could do (Note: check the other IRCops first since we don't want another Wiz4rd incident)

I may be completely wrong, but then post other suggestions

Last edited by WhackBonk on 08-02-2002 04:58 PM; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: 08-02-2002 04:33 PM Reply with quote
Ship
Server Master Evo5.net

Well... hrmmm ... What to say...

I know that I have been out of it for the last few days... but I am comitted to this server.. and will continue to pay for it in the future... so whether or not legal-chat is dead.. it (#legal-chat) will always have a home...

PostPosted: 08-02-2002 09:37 PM Reply with quote
M0nKeY
- Remember -

no content = no poeple

You decide what your content is. I can tell you right now it certainly isnt stimulating conversation. At least not anymore.

PostPosted: 08-03-2002 09:21 AM Reply with quote
js995
Deletes your posts

the channel could accumulate people if put on a large network. and by large, i dont really mean a few hundred.

since we dropped the warez thing, we could easily locate on efnet, undernet or ircnet, with tens of thousands of potential users. it also makes the channel more useful, as there are wide ranges of channels on these networks that are worth being around.

the disadvantages are obvious, no server staff support, no services (X on undernet kinda counts) and no hostmasking.

OR

if someone can find a network wanting links for servers that is reasonably big, we can link there and join legal-chat to a larger community easily. (obviously this might cause a loss of services information, or a loss of services altogether, but anyway)

just my £0.02 ...

PostPosted: 08-03-2002 10:35 AM Reply with quote
Suislide
ONE SEXY BEAST

we could hack every single irc server and network and shit and make them reroute everything to this network and automatically make them join legal-chat

see im a thinker....

PostPosted: 08-03-2002 01:45 PM Reply with quote
Pezko

1. Would anyone mind if I started deleting suislides posts on sight? I'm getting tired of them...

2. I'll get back to you...

PostPosted: 08-03-2002 02:29 PM Reply with quote
js995
Deletes your posts

suislide, your idea is actually feasible ...

say we create a irc transfer agent .. that can connect irc networks together (so it connects dalnet -> efnet etc etc) and channels can be joined by users by using #netname,channame ...

now we have all global IRC open to every user with an IRC client.

of course, these ITA software would be vulnerable to netsplit-like failure, and of course to stop this it would require being coded into the ircd itself , which then leads to the logical step forward ...

why not create such functions in the ircd code !

well ... um .. they are already there, for linking servers. and they arent used for this purpose because ...... networks like their own authority.

therefore this idea is useless, because networks would never accept it ...

PostPosted: 08-04-2002 05:10 AM Reply with quote
M0nKeY
- Remember -

Pezko wrote:

1. Would anyone mind if I started deleting suislides posts on sight? I'm getting tired of them...
2. I'll get back to you...

Try just removing all offensive material from his posts without removing the content.... oh wait... um.... nevermind.....

(EDIT)AHHH!!... on the bottom.... the pulldown menu for mods... you can "Split" threads... mening pull specific posts out and place them in say.... the BackYard.... Yes (/EDIT)

and (Concerning LC's coma)

Try searching for some small networks to link to. I went on google and did a search for "Small IRC networks looking for servers to link with" but sady got no results. Sad

XDCC would work if there was more poeple helping. I post large quantitys of scans (at least once a day). SO if anyone knows any "hackers" that would be a good way to get started.

Recently I've only had time to come online at night. and no ones ever around. Sad And where the fuck is tumtum? somthing tells me he could fix everything.

Suislides Idea
PostPosted: 08-06-2002 04:48 PM Reply with quote
Dark Creature

I have been gone for a while taking online courses at several universities in programming mostly in visual basic. I could write a program that would do anything you want it to, just name it...and give me some specs....

PostPosted: 08-06-2002 05:59 PM Reply with quote
js995
Deletes your posts

um .. legal-chat might have a future now, its got a nice wide audience to appeal to... LOL!

PostPosted: 08-06-2002 10:52 PM Reply with quote
Slipped
Wishing I never found this place

Quote:
does legal-chat have a future?

No.

PostPosted: 08-10-2002 06:31 AM Reply with quote
Pezko

Code:

[ 13:30:23 ]  __[ /names #legal-chat ] —————————————————————————————————
[ 13:30:23 ]  _______ : › Holomatrix_ c_Cuffs_ PlasticLSD_ Cybrey_ [G-Force]_
[ 13:30:23 ]  _______ : › Pezko_ WhackBonk_ verm_ @oddduck_ LT|Rachel_
[ 13:30:23 ]  _______ : › @root_ +Freakazoid_ +Conrade_
[ 13:30:23 ]  __[ End ] ———————————————————————————
[ 13:30:23 ] _· · [#legal-chat] users- 14 total user(s)
[ 13:30:23 ] _· · [#legal-chat] users- 2 op(s) 14.29% - 2 voice(s) 14.29% - 10 other(s) 71.43%

14 users, one is a bot... Those damn script kiddies did a very good job in getting rid of our users...

I don't know what to do about it, but I'm sure I would have stopped coming to the chan if it wasn't for the server. I still hope it will be linked to somewhere stable, or in some other way get more users....

PostPosted: 08-27-2002 07:55 PM Reply with quote
M0nKeY
- Remember -

Sad
View user's profile Find all posts by %s Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: 08-27-2002 10:26 PM Reply with quote
Ship
Server Master Evo5.net

What do you guys want from me... you asked for link.. so I did.. now what ???

Is it something that I did ?

Does #legal-chat have a future ?
 Mindcontroll Forum Index » >>>>>>>>>> TALK GOES HERE <<<<<<<<<<