[ Reuters | Slashdot | BBC News ]
[ Image Archive ]
BBC News - Home
Global economic growth will turn "sharply negative" this year due to the pandemic, the IMF warns.
- Coronavirus: US weekly jobless claims hit 6.6 million
The Federal Reserve unveils more measures to shore up the economy as weekly jobless claims hit 6.6 million.
- Coronavirus: Spain PM sees 'fire coming under control'
Pedro Sánchez is the latest leader to express cautious optimism about the coronavirus outbreak.
- Italy 'considering' relaxing coronavirus measures
Italian PM Giuseppe Conte said he might begin to relax some measures by the end of this month.
- Mysteries of decorated ostrich eggs in British Museum revealed
Five Easter-egg sized decorated ostrich eggs in the British Museum are the subject of a new study.
- Coronavirus: WHO chief and Taiwan in row over 'racist' comments
Taiwan rejects accusations by the UN health body's head that racist slurs against him originated there.
- Coronavirus: Bangladesh locks down a million in Rohingya camps
Cox's Bazar district hosts camps housing more than a million Rohingya Muslims displaced from Myanmar.
- Yemen war: Coalition ceasefire to help combat coronavirus begins
The UN welcomes the Saudi-led coalition?s unilateral move, but a Houthi official calls it a ?ploy?.
- Coronavirus: Christians face lockdown for Easter
Europe's Easter celebrations are extraordinarily constrained by the pandemic.
- ISS crew blast off after long quarantine
Traditional fanfare is abandoned as a team head for the International Space Station.
- Coronavirus: William and Kate video call key workers' children
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge chatted to pupils and thanked teachers at a Lancashire school.
- Modern Family: US TV comedy bows out after 11 series
The US TV comedy has clocked up 250 episodes since its debut in 2009.
- Linda Tripp: Woman who revealed Clinton-Lewinsky scandal dies
Linda Tripp, who disclosed Bill Clinton's White House affair with Monica Lewinsky dies, aged 70.
- Coronavirus: How Russia's ballet wasn't shut down despite lockdown
The spread of coronavirus has shut down entertainment venues but for these dancers the show must go on.
- Wheelchair fitness: Surviving coronavirus lockdown on wheels
The BBC?s Frank Gardner shows how he?s keeping fit during the UK's coronavirus lockdown measures.
- From patient to healer: How this woman is saving lives
Women who have overcome depression are running therapy sessions to help others
- Coronavirus: Why are football teams in Belarus still playing?
Football and life, continue (almost) as normal in Belarus, but anxiety about coronavirus is growing.
- Coronavirus: Learn how Wuhan dealt with the lockdown
As the Chinese city lifts its quarantine, residents share lessons learnt from the outbreak.
- Pink Moon: Europe illuminated by lunar light show
Breathtaking images capture the spectacular lunar event in the skies above Europe.
- How coronavirus inspired a gangland truce in South Africa
A truce has broken out in the notorious, gang-infested townships around South Africa's Cape Town.
- Nasa?s all-female team of 'aquanauts'
The story of the first women ever to take an active role in a Nasa mission.
- Coronavirus: Discarded disposable gloves on the street
Photographer Dan Giannopoulos on the discarded disposable gloves he has been finding on his daily walk.
- Coronavirus: Israel?s ultra-Orthodox lockdown challenge
Coronavirus has hit Israel?s ultra-Orthodox Jews disproportionately, but implementing lockdown in those communities has been challenging.
- Coronavirus: Two US towns, two very different experiences
In some parts of the country, lives have changed unrecognisably, while elsewhere people say life is largely unchanged.
- How India?s behemoth railways are joining the fight against Covid-19
The country is turning thousands of train coaches into isolation wards to prepare for a surge in cases.