[ Reuters | Slashdot | BBC News ]
[ Image Archive ]
BBC News - Home
Donald Trump's eldest daughter was speaking at an event with German leader Angela Merkel.
- Thai man kills baby on Facebook Live then takes own life
Facebook's processes were already under scrutiny after video of a US killing stayed online for hours.
- Russian hackers 'target' presidential candidate Macron
High-tech techniques were used to trick staff into handing over login names, say experts
- White House blocks Flynn document request
It rebuffs a request by a committee investigating former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.
- Israel's Netanyahu scraps talks with German minister over rights groups
Sigmar Gabriel had refused to call off talks with Israeli human rights activists.
- Are flying cars the future?
A first glimpse of the flying car backed by Google co-founder
- '500kg' Egyptian woman's sister accuses Indian doctors of lying
The sister of an Egyptian woman who went to India for weight loss surgery lashes out at her doctors.
- Tom Hardy 'arrests fleeing motorbike thief' in London
The Hollywood star detained the teenage rider after he jumped a red light and crashed into a car.
- Premature lambs kept alive in 'plastic bag' womb
Scientists were able to keep premature lambs alive for a month using an artificial "plastic bag" womb.
- North Korea tensions: US submarine arrives in South Korea
It comes amid heightened tensions, and fears North Korea is planning more nuclear or missile tests.
- Christian Dior and LVMH combined by French billionaire
France's richest man makes £10bn move to combine Christian Dior fashion house with luxury firm LVMH.
- Turkey air strikes kill Kurdish fighters in Syria and Iraq
Turkey hits positions in Syria held by the US-backed YPG, killing at least 18 fighters battling IS.
- Down's syndrome dancer Mikayla Holmgren enters Miss USA pageant
Mikayla Holmgren is thought to be the first person with Down's syndrome to enter the beauty pageant.
- Somali-American Ilhan Omar on historic US election win
Ilhan Omar explains how she made history to become the first Somali-American legislator in the US.
- Can plastic roads help save the planet?
A start-up company is persuading local councils in the UK to turn local plastic waste into roads.
- Donald Trump's first 100 days in 100 of his own words
The tale of Donald Trump's first three months as president - using 100 of his own words.
- Have you got the bottle for 'beer yoga'?
A fitness craze from Germany combining yoga poses while drinking beer is gaining popularity in Asia.
- Great white shark feasts on dead humpback whale
The circle of life comes around for much-loved humpback 'Scarlet' on the California coast.
- Why does this rhino have 24-hour security?
Sudan is a the northern white rhino, and the last chance for the survival of his species.
- Exercise 'keeps the mind sharp' in over-50s, study finds
The brain is fed with more oxygen and nutrients, boosting thinking and memory skills.
- Syria refugee children 'bitten by rats' in camps
Syrians living in camps in Lebanon say waste is not being collected and is attracting vermin.
- Macron - not the only young achiever
Emmanuel Macron could become the youngest ever president of France at just 39. Who else has achieved at such a young age?
- Royal Robbins death: Three legends of rock climbing pay tribute
Three legendary climbers remember Royal Robbins, who made some of the first Yosemite ascents.
- Macron v Le Pen: What are their visions for France?
The BBC's Laurence Peter examines what really divides election rivals Emmanuel Macron and Marine Le Pen.
- The boxer who won't cash in on beating a champion
Mihai Nistor was the last fighter to stop Anthony Joshua - but while Joshua earns millions, Nistor remains an amateur on a modest income. Why?