[ Reuters | Slashdot | BBC News ]
[ Image Archive ]
BBC News - Home
Iraqi forces take over key buildings three weeks after a Kurdish independence referendum.
- Portugal and Spain wildfires: Dozens dead and injured
At least 31 people are dead in Portugal and three in Spain as dozens of wildfires spread.
- Firefighters overwhelmed by wildfires
The approach of Hurricane Ophelia has brought strong winds that have fanned the flames.
- Hurricane Ophelia: Three people die as storm hits Ireland
Thousands are without power as the remnants of Hurricane Ophelia reaches the British Isles.
- Malta blogger Daphne Caruana Galizia dies in car bomb attack
Government critic Daphne Caruana Galizia dies in an attack the PM calls "barbaric".
- Two Catalan separatists in Spanish custody
A Spanish judge orders the detention of two Catalan pro-independence leaders accused of sedition.
- UK TV drama about North Korea hit by cyber-attack
The TV series Opposite Number was cancelled following a cyber-attack in 2014.
- US Army sergeant Bowe Bergdahl admits desertion
The 31-year-old US Army sergeant tells the court his conduct was "very inexcusable".
- Harvey Weinstein: Film company in talks over possible sale
Talks with US investment firm Colony Capital come after sex allegations about Harvey Weinstein.
- Einstein?s waves detected in star smash
Scientists detect the warping of space generated by the collision of two neutron stars.
- Somalia attack: 165 unidentified bodies buried
Saturday's truck bombing in the capital is the deadliest attack in Somalia's 10-year insurgency.
- Brexit negotiations should accelerate, say May and Juncker
Theresa May and Jean-Claude Juncker say their working dinner was "constructive and friendly".
- France plans law on street harassment
Gender equality minister Marlène Schiappa wants a definition of what behaviour can be deemed criminal.
- Ed Sheeran breaks arm in cycling accident
The pop star's tour dates could be in jeopardy after he has "a bit of a bicycle accident".
- How 'MeToo' is exposing the scale of sexual abuse
Women and men are sharing personal stories to highlight the magnitude of sexual harassment
- Ophelia: School roof takes off
High winds sent the structure flying through the skies in Cork, Ireland.
- How a girl who can't speak got a unique voice
New digital technology allows people without a voice to sound like themselves for the first time.
- Raging wildfires - in pictures
Images of wildfires raging in Portugal and Spain that have left more than 30 people dead.
- The dome which could help machines understand behaviour
Made up of over 500 cameras, the Panoptic Studio captures motion without the use of markers.
- Mick Fleetwood on the early days of Fleetwood Mac and why he's a terrible drummer
The Fleetwood Mac star on the band's early days, and why he can't play the same rhythm twice.
- Drones tasked with catching bad drivers
Road police in France have been testing them out in Bordeaux.
- Training volunteers to fight IS militants
Lt Jamie Robertson had just weeks to prepare Kurdish recruits to fight so-called Islamic State militants
- 'My #MeToo experience is sadly typical'
The BBC's Rajini Vaidyanathan shares her personal story of sexual harassment during her working life.
- Fear, caution and joy: The mixed feelings of Kirkuk's residents
The BBC speaks to some of Kirkuk's residents as the Iraqi army arrives in the city.
- The 'working class boy' who built a $1bn business
Paresh Davdra developed his successful money exchange firm from the ground up.