[ Reuters | Slashdot | BBC News ]
[ Image Archive ]
BBC News - Home
At least 43 security personnel are now known to have died in Monday's devastating attack on an intelligence base.
- Zimbabwe president Mnangagwa skips Davos over protests
Emmerson Mnangagwa returns home instead of attending the Davos economic summit.
- Ronaldo accepts ?18.8m deal over tax evasion
The football superstar has signed a deal with Spanish prosecutors that will spare him jail time.
- Oscar nominations: Seven things to look out for
Who and what could be the main talking points?
- Kamala Harris: Students describe presidential hopeful in three words
US students describe presidential hopeful Senator Kamala Harris in three words.
- Chris Brown: US singer arrested in Paris on suspicion of rape
The American singer has yet to comment after a woman accused him of raping her in a hotel room.
- UK MPs put forward rival Brexit plans
Theresa May is to meet the cabinet as Labour calls for a vote on options including another referendum.
- Paul Whelan: US spy suspect to remain in custody in Russia
Ex-US marine Paul Whelan was arrested last month on suspicion of spying - claims his family denies.
- France summons Italian envoy over Africa remarks
The Italian ambassador is summoned after Deputy PM Luigi di Maio accuses France of exploiting Africa.
- Sex abuse scandal hits South Korea's elite skating scene
South Korea is a world leader in speed skating and the latest allegations have shocked the public.
- Bebe Rexha told she's 'too big' at size 8
The pop star claims several designers have refused to dress her for this year's Grammy Awards.
- Mine clearance experts killed by mines
Two South Africans, a Croatian, a Bosnian and a Kosovan were in a vehicle that blew up while transporting mines.
- Gigi Wu: 'Bikini hiker' dies on solo Taiwan climb despite search efforts
Condolences pour in for Gigi Wu, whose hiking expertise and candid photos won her thousands of fans.
- Star footballer feared on missing plane
New Cardiff City striker Emiliano Sala was on an aircraft which vanished on Monday, authorities say.
- Being awake during brain surgery: 'You are hovering in between worlds'
Jazz musician Musa Manzini was kept awake for part of his surgery to have a tumour removed.
- Trainload of vintage T-34 tanks wows Russians
A train carrying 30 vintage T-34 tanks arrives outside Moscow after an epic journey from Laos.
- Donna Hay whips up her next venture
Donna Hay, "Australia's culinary queen", mulls her next move after publishing the 100th and final issue of her magazine.
- In pictures: 'Super blood wolf moon'
Some stargazers struggled to see the rare lunar eclipse which makes the moon appear to glow red.
- Florida toddler imitates dad's arrest in viral video
Bodycam footage released by Florida police shows the two-year-old with her hands raised for officers.
- Worst actors? Johnny Depp and Amber Heard among Razzie Award nominees
As the Oscar nominations approach, it's the turn of the awards no-one in Hollywood wants.
- 'Ancient' Aberdeenshire stone circle found to be replica
The findings sparked excitement among archaeologists, who believed the stones to be thousands of years old.
- Jockey almost falls off but still wins race
Jockey Mikey Sweeney on Ask Heather almost falls off but makes an "incredible recovery" then goes on to win the race.
- Click to Pray: Pope launches prayer app
Pope Francis launches app to encourage Catholics to pray with him.
- Migrant caravan teenager: 'I left without telling my mum'
Nahín, 17, left her home in Honduras with a migrant caravan headed for the US but turned back in Mexico.
- Peppa Pig: China falls for an unlikely UK brand ambassador
Peppa Pig may be doing more for Brand Britain and soft power than many other British exports.