[ Reuters | Slashdot | BBC News ]
[ Image Archive ]
BBC News - Home
Detailed notes by the former FBI director document sensitive conversations with the US president.
- Basque group Eta apologises to victims ahead of dissolution
The Basque armed group is expected to announce its dissolution next month.
- Prince Charles to be next Commonwealth head
Commonwealth leaders agree that Prince Charles will be the next head of the organisation, BBC understands.
- China deters jaywalkers with water spray at crossing
Traffic police in one Chinese city have set up motion sensors with sprays to deter jaywalkers.
- Prince's original recording of Nothing Compares 2 U is finally released
The star's original version of the song was recorded six years before Sinead O'Connor made it a hit.
- North and South Korea set up hotline ahead of summit
The leaders of the North and South are about to hold their first summit in over a decade.
- 'World's worst' super-gonorrhoea man cured
The patient had a lucky escape say doctors, but now two more cases have been discovered.
- National School Walkout: US students mark Columbine anniversary
Students plan the nationwide demonstration from 10:00 on the Columbine massacre anniversary.
- Bitcoin heist: Iceland fugitive says he wants to go home
The man fled custody in Iceland and got on a plane that was carrying the country's PM.
- Liberia warlord 'Jungle Jabbah' jailed for 30 years in the US
One witness told the US court how he had ordered the heart of a captive to be cooked for his fighters.
- Oxford Dodo was shot in head, scans find
The world-famous specimen is the world's best-preserved example of the extinct bird.
- Lois Riess: Woman who 'murdered victim and stole her identity' arrested
Lois Reiss is arrested in Texas after a nationwide manhunt following the murder of two people.
- Zimbabwe parliament summons Robert Mugabe over diamond theft claim
A parliamentary committee aims to establish the extent of diamond plundering in Zimbabwe.
- France to ban use of meat terms to describe vegetable-based products
Makers of meat-free foods to be banned from using terms like sausages or steaks to describe products.
- Tammy Duckworth's newborn makes history at US Senate vote
Tammy Duckworth's daughter was allowed into the US Congress' upper chamber after a rule change.
- God of War: The single dad opening gaming up to new emotions
The team behind God of War tell Newsbeat the gaming industry is maturing to tackle more complex emotions than ever before.
- Is East Africa ready for kitenge Fridays?
The East African Community has recommended that people in the region wear colourful cotton fabric on Fridays.
- Why this coat makes New Zealand swell with pride
New Zealand's prime minister dons a Maori korowai, steeped in tradition and cultural significance.
- There's a clown running for US Congress. Literally
Steve Lough was a circus performer for 30 years - now he wants to enter the political arena.
- Do you know how to wear an oxygen mask?
Photos taken on board a Southwest Airlines plane following an in-flight emergency have caused alarm.
- National Guard trio drummed out for sock puppet oath
Three Tennessee National Guard members are removed after using a sock puppet in an oath ceremony.
- Quiz: Who's clipping peacocks' wings?
7 days quiz: It's the weekly news quiz - have you been paying attention to what's been going on in the world over the past seven days?
- 2018 Sony World Photography Awards
A haunting portrait of a Christian pilgrim has won this year's awards.
- Africa's week in pictures: 13-19 April 2018
A selection of the best photos from across Africa this week.
- North Korea undergoes an image change ahead of summits
Pyongyang softens its rhetoric toward its neighbours and gives Kim Jong-un a minor makeover as high level meetings loom.