[ Reuters | Slashdot | BBC News ]
[ Image Archive ]
BBC News - Home
The two sides taunt each other at the UN, with Iran accusing the UN of "bullying and imposition".
- Bill Cosby sentenced to state prison for sexual assault
He was once "America's Dad" but now comedian Bill Cosby is starting a jail term for sexual assault.
- Acapulco: Mexico police under investigation over alleged drugs ties
Federal investigators suspect police in Acapulco have been infiltrated by drugs gangs.
- Padma Lakshmi: TV host says why she kept silent on her rape
Padma Lakshmi's article in the NYT comes amid allegations against Donald Trump's Supreme Court pick.
- Why 27 hikers helped this woman up a mountain
Getting to the top of the 14,000ft (4,270m) peak in Denver was a big deal for Nerissa Cannon.
- Roman Abramovich was deemed potential 'security threat' by Swiss police
Swiss police reportedly suspected the Russian, who denies wrongdoing, of involvement with criminality.
- Chinese national arrested for 'spying on US engineers'
Ji Chaoqun is accused of trying to recruit engineers and scientists on behalf of a Chinese official.
- Europe's Ariane-5 rocket makes 100th flight
Europe's workhorse rocket racks up its 100th launch as it battles stiff American competition.
- Stefan Lofven: Sweden's parliament ousts prime minister
Stefan Lofven loses a vote of confidence weeks after an election which saw a far-right surge.
- First street sexual harassment fine imposed in France
A man is given a 300-euro (£270) fine for sexual aggression under a new law against street harassment.
- Kenyan Waihiga Mwaura wins BBC World News Komla Dumor award
Kenyan journalist Waihiga Mwaura is this year's winner of the BBC World News Komla Dumor award.
- Fazza, Crown Prince of Dubai, the animal rescuer
The royal, known as Fazza, shared a video of himself helping to release an oryx from some netting.
- President Donald Trump gets unexpected laugh at United Nations
The US president was speaking to the UN general assembly about the achievements of his administration.
- Meghan Markle goes on her first solo engagement
The Duchess of Sussex was greeted with a Maori hongi at an exhibition of art from the Oceania region.
- Singer, 7, stuns crowd with US anthem
Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns the crowd before the LA Galaxy's 3-0 win over Seattle Sounders in MLS.
- Instagram: The dog that launched a social media giant
The co-founders of Instagram are stepping down. What made their idea so successful?
- Portuguese shipwreck is 'discovery of a decade'
The wreckage of a boat that sank 400 years ago is found to contain currency used in the slave trade.
- India's rising smartphone powerhouse
Samsung has set up the world's largest phone factory in the Indian city of Noida.
- Occupied China during WW2
From 1937 to 1945 Chinese soldiers and civilians struggled against better-equipped Japanese forces.
- Sinkholes force Gaelic football club out of home
A Gaelic football team says its ground is a "non-runner" after a disused mine collapsed.
- Smash! Andy Murray drops commemorative plate in Shenzhen
The former world number one took to social media to share the awkward moment.
- In pictures: Politician mothers take their babies to work
The New Zealand PM is among several politicians to take their newborn to work.
- Why Sweden and China have fallen out so badly
It started with tourists being kicked out of a hotel - but the spat has continued to escalate.
- The Rwandan school turning boys into feminists
It could have the answers to how to tackle gender-based violence and power imbalances in the #MeToo era.
- Has France's Macron lost his charm?
The French president's approval ratings are tumbling - should he be worried?