[ Reuters | Slashdot | BBC News ]
[ Image Archive ]
BBC News - Home
The Czech Republic has expelled 18 Russian diplomats in retaliation following the explosion claim.
- Queen sits alone as royals say farewell to Philip
The funeral congregation was socially distanced, with the Queen seated alone, because of Covid rules.
- Prince Philip funeral: Duke of Edinburgh laid to rest
The service was held at St George?s Chapel in Windsor Castle.
- Putin critic Navalny could 'die within days', say doctors
Alexei Navalny is on day 18 of a hunger strike over his medical treatment in a Russian jail.
- Covid in Brazil: Pandemic meets poverty in growing crisis
The country struggling to contain a Covid-19 surge faces a possible explosion of poverty.
- Liam Scarlett: Former Royal Ballet choreographer dies at 35
The internationally-known former Royal Ballet dancer had faced allegations of sexual misconduct.
- Indianapolis FedEx shooting: Who were the eight victims?
Four of the eight who died at a FedEx warehouse were members of the Sikh community.
- Covid-19 deaths pass three million worldwide
It comes as the World Health Organization warns of deaths and cases increasing at a "worrying rate".
- Iran nuclear: State TV names suspect in Natanz attack
State TV alleges Reza Karimi fled Iran before the blast, which damaged its Natanz nuclear plant.
- Regulator warns against use of Peloton treadmill
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission says it is aware of 39 incidents involving the machine.
- Biden backtracks on keeping Trump cap on refugees
A refugee organisation says the White House's explanation of the order is "completely false".
- Helen McCrory: Stars pay tribute to Peaky Blinders actress
Cillian Murphy, JK Rowling and Sir Sam Mendes lead tributes to the "fearless and magnificent" actress.
- Philippines: Giant clam shells worth $25m seized in raid
The 200-tonne seizure is one of the largest ever hauls of the endangered species.
- Prince Philip: Land Rover hearse and other personal touches at duke's funeral
Those watching closely noticed carefully placed references to the duke's remarkable life story.
- Prince Philip funeral: Pictures as Queen and nation bid farewell to the duke
Almost 100 years after he entered the world on a dining room table in Corfu, Prince Philip's final journey has taken place.
- The Zurich students living cheaply in a luxury hotel
Students in one of the world's most expensive cities get stunning views of Zurich in a former business hotel.
- Prince Philip: The Patriarchs - An Elegy
Poet laureate Simon Armitage has written an elegy for Prince Philip, entitled The Patriarchs - An Elegy.
- These teenage climate activists are pushing for change in Australia
These teenage climate activists are pushing for change in Australia.
- On the front line in eastern Ukraine
The BBC's Jonah Fisher reports from the front line between soldiers and separatists.
- Nepal fires: 'We saw huge flames coming towards our garden?
This year?s wildfire season in Nepal has been worse than usual with more fires, burning longer.
- In pictures: Raśl Castro's political life
Raśl Castro has stepped down as first secretary of Cuba's Communist Party ending a 60-year career.
- Queen and Royal Family alone but for the gaze of the world
After a week of private grieving, this was the moment the Royal Family's mourning became public.
- Nil-by-mouth foodie: The chef who will never eat again
Loretta Harmes hasn't eaten or tasted food for six years, but she hasn't lost her passion for cooking.
- How cancer put me off joining Amazon union
Carla Jonson's story helps explain how Amazon won last week's union vote in Alabama.
- India's first 'intimacy coordinator' helps choreograph sex on screen
Aastha Khanna's job is to ensure safety during scenes involving simulated sex, nudity and sexual violence.