[ Reuters | Slashdot | BBC News ]
[ Image Archive ]
BBC News - Home
Convoys enter the Kurdish-held border area, raising the risk of clashes with Turkey, reports say.
- Russia admits dozens of Russian casualties in Syria battle
Russia says "several dozen" Russians - not regular troops - were killed or wounded in a Syria clash.
- WHO warns of soaring rates of measles in Europe
There was a four-fold increase in cases in 2017 compared with the previous year.
- Mitsutoki Shigeta: 'Baby factory' dad wins paternity rights
The Japanese man can now pursue custody of 13 children he fathered through Thai surrogate mothers.
- Liu Wen: China supermodel's new year message sparks row
Liu Wen was accused of betraying her Chinese heritage by wishing fans a happy "Lunar New Year".
- Kidnap case model Chloe Ayling revisits where she was held
Model Chloe Ayling revisits the place she was allegedly held after being lured to Milan.
- Gita: State of emergency as storm hits New Zealand
The storm, which caused widespread damage in Tonga and Fiji last week, has now hit New Zealand.
- Trump-Russia inquiry: Lawyer Alex van der Zwaan charged
Alex van der Zwaan, the 19th person to be charged, is accused of making false statements.
- Jail term for clown cartoon of Malaysia PM
Fahmi Reza's caricature depicts Najib Razak as a clown and went viral during protests against him.
- Thai survival training: Drinking cobra blood in the jungle
US and South Korean soldiers learn essential jungle survival skills in Thailand.
- Post-Brexit UK won't be like Mad Max, says David Davis
The Brexit secretary promises the UK will maintain high standards and regulations outside the EU.
- Iran plane crash wreckage found on mountainside
The wreckage of the plane, which went down with 66 people on board, is found on a mountainside.
- Fergie apologises for NBA national anthem performance
The singer tells fans she 'tried her best' after criticism of her rendition of the national anthem at an NBA game.
- Channel 4 documentary accuses Harvey Weinstein of physical assault
My Week with Marilyn producer David Parfitt claims Weinstein attacked him in new Channel 4 documentary .
- How Malawi reduced infant mortality
Every year 2.6m babies around the world don't survive beyond a month but Malawi's number is dropping.
- The Afro-Colombian village which celebrates Christmas in February
The tradition dates back to the days of slavery and has been preserved in an Afro-Colombian village.
- Jennifer Lawrence explains Bafta mishap with Joanna Lumley
The actress says her "rude" comment at the Baftas was "an inside joke that fell flat".
- Jeffrey Kong: Singapore's Lego brick artist
Jeffrey Kong creates objects using Lego. He says it can be used as a form of self-expression
- Photographer Stephen Wilkes shows day to night in one image
Photographer Stephen Wilkes melds more than 1,000 pictures of a scene into a single image.
- Mexico theme park offers illegal migrant experience
The trip is designed to warn people about the dangers of illegal crossings, say the owners.
- Mozambique rubbish dump collapse kills at least 17 people
Mozambique rubbish dump collapse kills at least 17 people, crushing five homes in the night.
- Bringing solar power to a remote community in the Himalayas
A team of engineers trek into the remote region to bring a community electricity for the first time.
- Falluja: Meet Issa Saer, mayor of ruined Iraqi city
Falluja was ruined in the battle against the Islamic State group - meet the mayor picking up the pieces.
- Jennifer Lawrence: Five times she's spoken out
She's taking a break from acting to focus on activism, here's a reminder of the causes she supports.
- Do male strip dancers feel objectified?
Where does the #MeToo movement leave male strip dancers? Newsnight's Emily Maitlis finds out.