[ Reuters | Slashdot | BBC News ]
[ Image Archive ]
BBC News - Home
Myanmar agrees to take back hundreds of thousands of Rohingya Muslims who fled violence for Bangladesh.
- Manus Island: Police enter former Australia-run asylum centre
Papua New Guinea authorities are urging asylum seekers who remain there to leave, Australia confirms.
- Argentina missing submarine: Loud noise investigated
A navy spokesman refuses to confirm whether the 'hydro-acoustic anomaly' was an explosion.
- Deep fat fryers may help form cooling clouds
The fatty acids released in cooking may help form clouds that limit global warming, say scientists.
- Iraq's frontline bikers
These bikers travel across Iraq, flying the flag for tolerance and love of bikes.
- Zimbabwe needs immediate economic reforms, warns IMF
Government spending and foreign debt are too high and Zimbabwe needs structural reform, the IMF says.
- US gun control: Jeff Sessions announces review into background checks
The review will assess how key facts about the Texas church gunman may not have been registered.
- Billionaire Russian lawmaker under investigation in France
Suleiman Kerimov, one of Russia's richest men, is put under formal investigation over tax charges.
- Foxconn stops interns' illegal overtime at iPhone X factory
Apple's main iPhone supplier has stopped illegal overtime by school age interns in a factory in China
- Outrage after India minister terms cancer 'divine justice'
An Indian minister's remark about the disease "saddens" patients and their family members.
- Three cups of coffee a day 'may have health benefits'
But there is no reason to start drinking coffee for health reasons, the BMJ study found.
- San Francisco accepts 'comfort women' statue
The move threatens ties with the Japanese city of Osaka, which is a sister city to San Francisco.
- Oregon woman jailed after her meth-laced kiss kills inmate
Melissa Ann Blair's fatal kiss concealed the transfer of tiny balloons filled with methamphetamine.
- Australian men forced on to car roof to escape crocodiles
The men were forced to the roof of their bogged vehicle to avoid rising tides and a crocodile.
- Flea market photo shows 'Billy the Kid and man who shot him'
The photo purports to show the Wild West outlaw beside his future killer, experts say.
- Married for a price: India's abandoned 'holiday wives'
The story of a woman who was married off to a rich visitor for a few hundred dollars, aged 13.
- Nudist restaurant opens in Paris
Food for thought when "a clothed naturist is only thinking one thing: How quickly can I strip off?"
- Sparklers and snow in Maine
Cig Harvey photographs the poetic everyday life of an American family.
- What goes into a museum for the Bible?
A new museum in the US capitol focuses on the history of the Bible.
- In China, free fish heads for life for an underwater rescuer
A Chinese man is awarded free cooked fish heads for life after he performs a dramatic underwater rescue
- Do you find this grave disrespectful?
A gay rights activist's bright yellow tomb has divided Italy - so should graves have to be grey?
- Canada flight delay turns into mass singalong
Instead of getting irate when their flight was delayed, these Canadian passengers had a singalong.
- Why Rihanna is backing a teen sex victim jailed for murder
Celebrities tweet #FreeCyntoiaBrown to support a former teen abuse victim jailed for murder at 16.
- When I look into my son's eyes I see the man who raped me
Catherine became pregnant after being raped, but she decided to give birth to the child.
- 'Sexist' inclusive writing row riles France
The government steps into a growing row over gender equality in the French language.